Includes multiple pass scarification, hollow tine aeration, overseeding, seed fertiliser, lawn hydration (wetting agent) organic compost top dressing, detailed aftercare advice and two follow up checks. Green waste removal from site not included but available at separate cost.
Here's what to expect.
- The first stage of your Lawn Rescue service. A treatment to kill off problem weeds or coarse/weed grasses in your lawn. This is done in advance of the Lawn Rescue service visit.
Lawn Rescue Visit
- Aeration - with a hollow tine machine. This helps remove subsurface thatch, opens up the soil, helps relieve compaction and creates better seed to soil contact for germination.
- Scarification - multiple passes, with a powerful machine, until remove thatch and moss is removed, often back to bare soil for the really bad lawns.
- Green waste is cleared off the lawn.
- Overseeding - a professional seeding machine to slot the seed into the soil or where access is not possible seed broadcast using a professional spreader. High quality seed will be used to match your lawn environment or even introduce a better performing seed type as needed.
- Fertiliser spread over the lawn to help the seed establish and new grass to thrive.
- Lawn Hydration (Wetting Agent) applied to the lawn to make more efficient use of rainfall and your after care watering.
- Organic compost based top dressing will be spread over the lawn. It ensures better seed germination and grass establishment. It will add beneficial organic material in the lawn to help boost the natural microbial activity and lawn health.
Lawn Rescue: Aftercare Check 1 :
- We will review review your lawn after the lawn rescue service has been completed. We will report on seed germination, watering and soil condition and answer any queries you may have. Additional seed will be applied as needed or we will book in a suitable future date to complete that depending on the weather conditions.
Lawn Rescue: Aftercare Check 2 :
- An additional review of your lawn after the lawn rescue service and first aftercare visit have been completed. We will report on seed germination, watering and soil condition and answer any queries you may have. Additional seed will be applied as needed or we will book in a suitable future date to complete that depending on the weather conditions.
We will guide you on how to look after the renovated lawn. It will be essential that you start watering with your hose and sprinkler asap once we're finished. The seed needs to be kept damp to get it to germinate. That will mean watering one or more times per day for 15-30 minutes. We have detailed aftercare advice here. If you need a sprinkler, check out our online shop.
Green Waste - Important Information:
Green waste removal from site is not included in the lawn rescue price. We have found most customers prefer the "no cost" option to dispose of it themselves. Typically we can leave it on a compost pile or in loan bags (loan bags to be collected on a later visit. If needed, we can arrange for a licenced waste contractor to provide one or more skips or remove the waste in smaller bags . Please ask for details and costs.
Example price shown above, based on a 50m2 lawn.